One of the very first decisions you’ll need to make is whether or not Costa Rica is the right country for your wedding!
Costa Rica is a stunningly beautiful country that is safe, easily accessible, and well-equipped to serve tourists. The country also offers a variety of wedding backdrops. You can choose between the beach, mountains, jungle, or waterfall!
Pros Of Getting Married In Costa Rica
Overall, Costa Rica is very safe and secure. You and your guests will feel comfortable traveling throughout the country.
Costa Rica is a very desirable country to visit which will help when you convince your guests to make the big trip for your wedding.
The natural surroundings of Costa Rica will give your wedding a gorgeous backdrop no matter where you host it.
Villas throughout Costa Rica provide spectacular ocean views such as Miramar at Four Seasons Costa Rica
Variety of activities
Wherever you go there will be a variety of activities and tours offered to entertain your group.
During dry season which is from December to April, you are pretty much guaranteed sunny skies. You’ll want to check the weather stats from the previous year because the season can vary from year to year.
Cons Of Getting Married In Costa Rica
Business moves slowly
Pura Vida is truly a way of life in Costa Rica. It’s wonderful how relaxed everything is, however, it can also be one of its downfalls. Expect that you may need to send various follow-up every time you need to communicate with a vendor and expect to wait a few days. The best vendors in the country are quick to respond so sometimes it’s worth it to pay a little extra for easy and quick responses. Check out this great article from Drink Tea Travel to see some of the top vendors in Costa Rica.
More expensive than other countries
Costa Rica is significantly more expensive than other Central American countries such as Guatemala, Nicaragua, and Mexico. Costs for most items are on par with the United States so Costa Rica may not be the best choice if you are on a budget.
In Costa Rica, the waterfalls are only suitable for elopements but there are plenty of beautiful beaches, volcanoes, mountains, and jungles to serve as your wedding backdrop.
Costa Rica is small. For comparison, it is the size of West Virginia, with a population of 4.5 million. For this reason, your choices of venues and vendors will be limited. If you have something very specific in mind you may have to source it from the capital.
- Want to see some great wedding venues in Costa Rica? Check out 31 Great Wedding Venues In The Guanacaste Province Of Costa Rica For 2019 and get started on the venue selection.
- Ready to create your budget? Download the free Costa Rica Wedding Budget Worksheet!
- Curious what the next steps are after you settle the budget? Check them out in the Top 8 Steps To Jumpstarting The Wedding Planning.
- Trying to avoid rain on your wedding day? Learn about Costa Rica’s rainy season and dry season.
- Want to know the exact costs you should budget for the floral, decor, food, alcohol, and everything else? Read What You Need To Know About The Cost Of A Costa Rica Wedding.