The best time to start planning your destination wedding in Costa Rica really depends on a few factors such as the number of guests you are planning to invite, how elaborate you would like the event to be, and how flexible you are willing to be with the overall wedding planning.
Blanca Beach at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica
Planning farther out guarantees you will have a great pick from the limited venues, accommodations, and vendors Costa Rica has to choose from.
When you are your fiancée are planning the date of the wedding take into consideration how many people you would like to have attend. Maybe you are looking to have a traditional elopement, just the two of you, so in that case, you’ll only need 2-6 months to plan.
Gusto Beach Restaurant On Playa Samara
For larger weddings, even if it will be intimate, you’ll want to start planning ideally 10-14 months out, and at the very least 6 months in advance. It is respectful to give your guests ample time to plan their trip so they have the opportunity to attend your special day.
Recommended planning time:
Elopement: 2-6 months
Wedding: 10-14 months
Costa Rica is a small country with just 4.5 million inhabitants so the options for venues and vendors aren’t as bountiful as they most likely are where you are from. Additionally, brides will be vying for the exact same dates you are, especially because dry season dates are more popular. With this in mind, keep things easy by giving yourself plenty of time to plan.
- Want to see some great wedding venues in Costa Rica? Check out 31 Great Wedding Venues In The Guanacaste Province Of Costa Rica For 2019 and get started on the venue selection.
- Ready to create your budget? Download the free Costa Rica Wedding Budget Worksheet!
- Curious what the next steps are after you settle the budget? Check them out in the Top 8 Steps To Jumpstarting The Wedding Planning.
- Trying to avoid rain on your wedding day? Learn about Costa Rica’s rainy season and dry season.
- Want to know the exact costs you should budget for the floral, decor, food, alcohol, and everything else? Read What You Need To Know About The Cost Of A Costa Rica Wedding.
Leave a Reply